Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you must visit. The city is 3rd largest in France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps region. The city is known for its historic and cultural heritage. A number of its buildings and museums have been indexed by world heritage site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been closed for hopes and are stored for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of structures.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theatre in France and it was started in 11th century AD. There's a great regard and value for this amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the actual English style of architecture. The actual park was built during the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and most beautiful city parks of France. It is a great place for family excursions and other outdoor recreation. The main highlights of the park include a large greenhouse, organic garden and a rose garden. Recently African Flatlands have also been added where the animals can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The place has located many opera performances and dance exhibits. The glass ceiling of the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is another fascinating appeal. The aquarium is located on the outskirts of the city and it has a bit of amusement for almost everyone. There are a number of types of fish and other marine life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal place for the dance lovers. This theater continues to be dedicated to dance where you can discover various style of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest shopping mall in France. The actual mall has got the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But avoid this place every sunday as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is among the best places in France to determine and explore fête des lumières à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to achieve Paris and then you can take possibly TGV train or even bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital of France, which is the third largest town and second biggest metropolitan area in France. This particular city is known for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city began by the Roman empire and a heritage city because recognized by UNESCO. This excellent city is situated between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You are able to reach presently there from Geneva that is just 170 km aside. It is located in East associated with France between 2 rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and climate is nice to go to in the 30 days of September and Oct.